Sunday, June 20, 2010

Childhood Fear : Bathroom Wolf


Here is a quick illustration I did today for the Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI) here in Melbourne for their Burton Wonderland Gallery, in line with the upcoming Tim Burton Exhibition. They have invited artists to submit up to two original artworks inspired by the style of Tim Burton. This one is based on a childhood fear I had...each time id go to wash my face at night and after looking up from the basin, I would be afraid of seeing a wolf standing behind me in the mirror. I think it came from having too many storybooks with wolves as the theme, eating billy goats, stalking little girls and so forth.

1 comment:

Gemma Duffill said...

That's like the childhood fear I had of the gremlin in the toilet - use to be afraid to flush the toilet with the door closed haha