Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bronze Award!


Good news, I just won one of the Bronze places in the Illustrators Australia Australian Creative Magazine Awards for my work on The Monster Maintenance Manual. Over 250 entrants and 40 winners in multiple categories. Pretty good way to start the week. The magazine is published this week with a special pull out with all the winners, something to photocopy to send to mum and dad!

Update: Unfortunately my work didn't really make it into the magazine's pages, just the Gold and Silver were visually represented by their entry and their contact details. My name is there with the other Bronze peeps...somewhere. I told mum not to bother buying a picture frame. I was happy to see my fantasy illustration friend Jon get his Silver work in there amoungst all the graphic design illustration, which it seemed to mainly focus on. Waiting for my certificate to come in the mail.

3 comments:

Phil Willis said...

Congratulations on the award.

Well deserved.

Looking forward to more of your work.

Cheers
--Phil

Adele K Thomas said...

Okay, so I went to the shop to pick up the mag today and Bronze placed people dont get their work in the magazine! LAME!

Adele K Thomas said...

Thanks for the comment Phil :-D