Sunday, September 4, 2011

Rapture...work in progress.

I'm going to be submitting a painting for the Illustrators Australia 16th Annual 9x5 Exhibition, where members paint onto a supplied bit of wood, similar to a cigar box. This year's theme is 'Rapture' & here is my rough sketch and inked illustration. Ill be printing it out reversed, so I can then rub a lead print of it onto my wood as a guide for when I paint. The finished product won't be as heavily inked as this, its just a guide for my brain. The finished paintings will go up for auction, I'll have to make sure I get a really good scan done, because I want my own print for my wall. Looking forward to painting this...all my dearly departed pets are in here somewhere.

3 comments:

damon said...

very cool!

michaelamos said...

Looooooooooove this!
I want a print... pleeease? :)

Adele K Thomas said...

Hey Michael!

Well when I finish the painting, im going to get it professionally scanned and printed for myself and ill remember to get one for you too...the painting or the inked version.