Saturday, July 6, 2013

Oz Comic Con..."No, I'm not a man."


Today I mosied on down to Melbourne Oz Comic Con in a brand new costume, Johnny Depp's Tonto from The Lone Ranger...I even had my own Lone Ranger by Ben Grimshaw.

Other than being mistaken for a dude numerous times, there were many other ticks of approval for my costume: being stopped A LOT by people for photos, being interviewed by the convention for their dvd, coming second in the Costume Comp, lots of compliments and getting the thumbs up from Shannon Doherty from her signing table. 

It has to be one of my favourite costumes, very fun. Props to Ben for suggesting it all.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

I think that you were mistaken for a fella speaks to your ability to be convincing in both your acting and costuming! I thought you were great. Here's another pic to add to your collection - if you want slightly better quality for your own purposes give me a shout and I'll flick it on un-watermarked. http://www.themomusreport.com/2013/07/just-be-cosplay.html

Adele K Thomas said...

Thanks Stephanie, that is very nice of you to say. A copy would be great...to show my grandchildren when im 100 :D
You can email it to adele(at)adelekthomas(dot)com